[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Paul Hormis <phormis at blur dot com>
 To:  Assinatura de Listas <assinarlistas at yahoo dot com dot br>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Steps to run FTP server behind m0n0wall firewall
 Date:  Fri, 26 Sep 2003 06:54:55 -0700
Hey All,

Thanks to all of you that helped me with this.  I'll tell you the steps
I used to make this work (with the help of you guys)...

1) Log into m0n0wall
2) Go to NAT section under Firewall
3) Go to outbound NAT and add a new rule
4) Set these settings...

Protocol:  FTP
External port Range: FTP
NAT IP:  The Local LAN IP of the machine with the FTP server on it
Local Port: FTP
Check the box to create automatic rules for this NAT configuration.

I also added a second rule for port 20
Protocol:  TCP
External port Range: other 20
NAT IP:  The Local LAN IP of the machine with the FTP server on it
Local Port: other 20
Check the box to create automatic rules for this NAT configuration.

5) Now go to the Outbound NAT and add two rules here as well
6) Open both 20 and 21 out bound.

Enter the IP address of the machine with the FTP server on it and
specify port 20 and 21

I was told on this list that all you had to do was open 21 inbound and
20 outbound but I have not been able to test that yet.

I was trying different FTP servers and the one (under Windows XP) that
worked the best was Filezilla.

Now this will enable you to connect both passive and active, but you
will need to use an FTP client to connect.  I tried to use a web browser
but it would not give me a directory listing.  I believe that you need
to also open up HTTP ports but I haven't tried that either.

Also, my ISP told me that I can also open port 22 for Secure FTP but I
haven't tried that either.

I hope this helps,
Paul