[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Frans J King" <kingf1 at cs dot man dot ac dot uk>
 To:  "Magne Andreassen" <magne dot andreassen at bluezone dot no>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] FTP help...
 Date:  Thu, 18 Sep 2003 23:22:59 +0100
For active ftp you will also need to open port 20 for the data stream.

Passive FTP will be more of a problem because you will need to open up the
ephemeral port range of the ftp server and if the ftp server is using a non
routable IP address then you'll need to get it to spoof the WAN ip address
as well. Have a look at your ftp server docs to see if this is supported and
how to do it.

Regards,

Frans