[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Marten <wleiden at xs4all dot nl>
 To:  Magne Andreassen <magne dot andreassen at bluezone dot no>
 Cc:  mono <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] D-link DWL 650 in hostap mode?
 Date:  26 Sep 2003 23:06:13 +0200
On Fri, 2003-09-26 at 18:40, Magne Andreassen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Finally got myself a net4511 box and a wireless D-link DWL 650
> pcmcia card.
> nice.
>
> But problem is, it wont work in hostap mode. I noticed that manuel
> have tested this on D-link DWL 520 (PCI) witch is, same as the
> DWL 650 card, based on PRISM-II chipset.
>
> Can anyone pinpoint me if i am doing something wrong with the setup,
> or this wont work at all because my card dont support hostap mode..

there some firmwares in prim 1.1.1 sec 1.4.? that does not support
ap-modus. I tested 1.1.1  1.5.6 as "good".
I have prim 1.1.1 sec 1.7.4. in testing

with dmesg | grep wi<n>  you can figger out your current firmware...

here you can get new firmware (at your own risk :))
http://www.netgate.com/support/prism_firmware/

Marten