[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Eric Shorkey" <eshorkey at commonpointservices dot com>
 To:  "Adam Nellemann" <adam at nellemann dot nu>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] suggestion
 Date:  Thu, 3 Jun 2004 09:36:13 -0400
Hmm. I have a few projects on my plate at the moment, including an ISP
switch. Which is going to be a real pain in the rear since we're primarily a
web hosting company. I might be able to get squeeze some time in there for
working on m0n0wall though, so I could really use some advice on setting up
a development environment. Since I don't really have any computers sitting
around with no purpose, nor do I have any soekris systems anywhere in the
building, I'm going to use vmware as my testing environment. One thing that
would help tremendously is a way to log into the box once it's up (either
via terminal or ssh). That way I can see the inside workings of my
development box and be able to see the fruits of my efforts immediately
(rather than having to build images and boot from the network over and over
again). Any suggestions?