[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dinesh Nair <dinesh at alphaque dot com>
 To:  James Baber <origin at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  "Mitch (WebCob)" <mitch at webcob dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] More throughput testing - m0n0wall to m0n0wall (wired) IPSec
 Date:  Sat, 5 Jun 2004 01:54:26 +0800 (MYT)
On Fri, 4 Jun 2004, James Baber wrote:
> states "Hifn 7955" in both config screens.  I even replaced both VPN
> cards with new VPN cards with no luck.  I'm at a loss...

the hifn(4) man page says,

"The hifn driver registers itself to accelerate DES, Triple-DES, AES (7955
 and 7956 only), ARC4, MD5, MD5-HMAC, SHA1, and SHA1-HMAC operations for
 ipsec(4) and crypto(4)."

if you're using Blowfish, you're not going to get the most out of it.

(sorry, i'm coming into the middle of this, and didnt know if you'd
specified what crypto you were using earlier)