[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chet Harvey <chet at pittech dot com>
 To:  Bryan Kohlstedt <bkrosco at earthlink dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] DMZ Setup Help
 Date:  Fri, 4 Jun 2004 19:02:53 -0400
That should be easy to do, when you setup the opt interface you will have the
option to assign DHCP addresses. Just DENY ALL to your LAN (unless they need to
access DNS or MAIL) and ALLOW ALL out the WAN interface.

I have that setup right now on my net4521. My LAN and Wireless network do not
talk to each other accept for the 1 static IP I let thru.

Quoting Bryan Kohlstedt <bkrosco at earthlink dot net>:

> Here's what I want to do. I have a client who is going to have "guests" on
> their lan regularly. They want to allow the guests to use their internet
> connection, but, not be able to access or even see their lan. So, I would
> like to put them in a dmz and nat access to the internet the same way as to
> the lan intereface, and not let the dmz or lan access each other. Can I do
> this with m0n0wall? If so, what do I need to do?
>
> Also, I would like to be able to assign ip addresses via dhcp on the dmz. Is
> this possible to do? That would make it a lot easier for someone to just
> plugin their laptop and go.
>
> Thanks,
> Bryan Kohlstedt

Chet Harvey