[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Eric Shorkey" <eshorkey at commonpointservices dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Filtering bridge on wan interface seems broken
 Date:  Fri, 4 Jun 2004 19:20:29 -0400
I think there's something funny with the filtering bridge support. One of our firewalls has 3
network cards in it. One for LAN (which I only use to administer the box), 1 for WAN, and 1 for opt1
(which is bridged with the wan port). Wan side has a static IP assigned to it, even though no
traffic ever gets nat'ed through it.

Here's the problem. If I turn on filtering bridge, the bridge just plain stops working. Just for
testing, I removed all of the firewall rules and replaced them with only 3 rules. Each interface is
set to pass all traffic. All protocols, any source to any dest. It just plain doesn't work. I've
tried turning the opt1 interface on and off. Still nothing. This is all with ver 1.0. Has there been
any work on the filtering bridge support since 1.0 that may help?