[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Quark AV - Hilton Travis" <Hilton at QuarkAV dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] No Link-up Detected
 Date:  Fri, 4 Jun 2004 07:38:46 +1000
Hi All,

I have performed quite a few m0n0wall installs, and have never seen the
"auto detect" actually work, no matter what network cards I have had in the
machines.  If anyone here has actually had an "auto detect" find their NIC,
please let us know.

I have a funny feeling this feature is broken, and if so, we may as well ask
Manuel to remove it from the options - if it never works, then why have it
there to confuse people?

> However all works like a charm now. Sweeeet, another
> smoothwall convert to rack up to m0n0wall's credit. In
> fact i suspect if i was to stick the CD and floppy in
> the smoothwall box and boot I could have both m0n0 or
> smooth on demand simply by booting with  or without
> the CD/floppy.

There are quite a few SmoothWall converts on this list, and a lot more not
on this list.  With the built-in Telstra BigPond Cable authentication
client, m0n0wall has great potential in the Australian broadband market.
I'm just waiting for 1.1 to go "gold" before I mention m0n0wall to a few
local computer magazines.

> Now... where's the pretty traffic graph images?

Pretty or not, I can see comprehensive traffic graphing being a useful
plugin for many people.  Of course, the sexier the better.  :)

--

Regards,

Hilton Travis                        Phone: +61-(0)7-3343-3889
Manager,                             Mobile: +61 (0)419 792 394
Quark IT                             http://www.QuarkIT.com.au/
Quark AudioVisual                    http://www.QuarkAV.net/
(Brisbane, Australia)