[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Kyle Mott" <kyle at xraided dot net>
 To:  "'Quark AV - Hilton Travis'" <Hilton at QuarkAV dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] No Link-up Detected
 Date:  Thu, 3 Jun 2004 15:40:19 -0700

It's worked for me, though I haven't thoroughly tested it or anything.
Just plugged in a cable and it said 'link detected on eth0' or w/e it
was. I ended up having to set the card assignments by hand because I
have a weird interface setup, plus some older 10BaseT 3com NIC's that
the link-detection didn't detect. The link-detection only seems to work
when you have a newer NIC card.

> > However all works like a charm now. Sweeeet, another
> > smoothwall convert to rack up to m0n0wall's credit. In
> > fact i suspect if i was to stick the CD and floppy in
> > the smoothwall box and boot I could have both m0n0 or
> > smooth on demand simply by booting with  or without
> > the CD/floppy.
>
> There are quite a few SmoothWall converts on this list, and a lot more
not
> on this list.  With the built-in Telstra BigPond Cable authentication
> client, m0n0wall has great potential in the Australian broadband
market.
> I'm just waiting for 1.1 to go "gold" before I mention m0n0wall to a
few
> local computer magazines.
>
> > Now... where's the pretty traffic graph images?
>
> Pretty or not, I can see comprehensive traffic graphing being a useful
> plugin for many people.  Of course, the sexier the better.  :)

I converted from IPCop, if it matters :D. Though, I do like the content
filtering addonz and web caching of IPCop. Oh well, can't have
everything, right? :>

-Kyle Mott
http://www.klmhosting.net/