[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  =?iso-8859-1?Q?J=FCrg_Schneider?= <Juerg dot Schneider at fabrimex dot ch>
 To:  "M0n0wall (E-Mail)" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] newbie DMZ question
 Date:  Tue, 8 Jun 2004 19:09:29 +0200
Let's go back to the list.

> Does this actually work for you, because it doesn't work for
> me. I've tried this. With this setup, not even my LAN can
> reach the WAN IP. Monowall config looks like this:
>
> WAN:
> x.x.x.242/29
> Gateway x.x.x.241
>
> DMZ:
> x.x.x.249/29

Ok

> From a DMZ machine I can't reach the WAN or the ISP gateway.
> From the ISP Gateway I can't reach the WAN or anything on the
> DMZ. What do your DMZ machines use as gateways (the WAN IP or

The DMZ interface of m0n0wall.

> the ISP gateway IP)? How is your ISP routing traffic to your
> /28 (or does your ISP route to each /29 differently)? I know

All together, he doesn't know about my subnet.

> how to subnet - what I don't know is how to set up monowall
> to move traffic through my WAN to the DMZ behind it.

I've specified the DMZ server in 'Server NAT' and the /29 DMZ net
in 'Proxy Arp'. Then apropriate rules WAN -> DMZ and some for
DMZ -> WAN.

@Brian:
I haven't special route for the DMZ, the routing daemon is handling
this. The settings above should be enough. I've a special route to
a far LAN (behind another router), so I use 'Enable advanced outbound
NAT', but this shouldn't care the DMZ.