[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Robert Staph" <rstaph at digitalimpreza dot com>
 To:  "Robert Staph" <rstaph at digitalimpreza dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Strange difference between pb26r614-45xx and 1.1b12-generic-pc
 Date:  Tue, 8 Jun 2004 15:02:22 -0400
I think I figured out why I couldn't get to the 1:1 ip addresses:

"Interfaces" output from status.php:

Soekris:
sis0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
	inet x.x.x.202 netmask 0xfffffff8 broadcast x.x.x.207
	inet x.x.x.203 netmask 0xffffffff broadcast x.x.x.203
	inet x.x.x.204 netmask 0xffffffff broadcast x.x.x.204
ether 00:00:24:c1:97:40
	media: Ethernet autoselect (10baseT/UTP)
	status: active

PC:
xl0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
	options=1<RXCSUM>
	inet x.x.x.202 netmask 0xfffffff8 broadcast 216.169.176.207
	ether 00:01:03:23:42:50
	media: Ethernet autoselect (10baseT/UTP)
	status: active

It doesn't have the 203, 204, 205 external addresses assigned to it.  (the
x.x.x. is the same in all cases, real numbers just removed by me.  I sit in
a 255.255.255.248 subnet).  Gateway is 201, LAN 202, DMZ server 203, LAN 1:1
pc 204...

I believe the card I put in for the WAN (xl0) is a 3com 905c-tx.  Could it
be that this card can't do what I ask of it?

-Rob