[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Rick Spence <rjspence at tampabay dot rr dot com>
 To:  "M0n0wall (E-Mail)" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  I'm done with the list... No one listens.
 Date:  Mon, 7 Jun 2004 20:26:57 -0400
Look,

Engage with  a pix or any defualt to deny firewall. Learn the rules. It's
easy. Takes less than 40 hours of intense learning. Anyone who doesn't
shouldn't be running a gateway anyhow. I'm off the list. Total spam. The
posts I read are not listened to by those who know what they are doing. This
is rediculous to go back and forth when someone has laid on  the line how to
get the job done. Take a week for crying out loud and learn it. Come back
when you have the job done. The crap with this not working in version 1 is
horse hockey. I have 8 subnets , 8 networks running and working just fine.

If you are a new person ( I don't like  the word newbie) , that is just
fantastic. Welcome. We all are, but for crying out loud, try what is
suggested first and quit cramming the mail with "well what about this". I'm
off here.

This program is great. Well done. Best web interface out there as far as I'm
concerned. And I don't mind helping others. I don't mind reading all this
mail. But damn you need to leard ipfw, Iptables, etc. .. and how firewalls
work. You need to learn basic rules.

An interface helps. But It doesn't grow you brains. Don't be affraid to learn
and apply a great application like monowall to your knowledge. Simple routing
in my opinion is a prerequisite. Quit complaining about lack of documentation
and learn something. If someone heads you off on the right direction, give
credit damn it.

Get on with it. Learn. Ask questions... But don't flood or no one is going to
help with newbie questions. I'm out of here. This mailing list needs rules
and it's out of control as far as I'm concerned. The lack of knowledge is
overwhelming and the questions asked is rediculous.

I'm unsubscribing. Sorry. This email is just to much.

L8R
Rick Spence
Have a great day.