[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  nrg <lists at nethq dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Wondershaper
 Date:  Wed, 9 Jun 2004 10:45:49 +0200
Dear List,

Since a few weeks i've been using m0n0 and im very pleased with it, except there
is one problem which it seems i cannot fix. On my previous router/firewall
(linux) i was using wondershaper in combination with a adsl connection which
was working really nicely. All ssh/telnet sessions were always running smooth
even with high network loading. Now that i have setup m0n0wall VPN's for more
secure access between 2 offices (using telnet) i got my old problem back again.
When traffic is high, ssh and telnet connections will get really slow. I've
already setup the traffic shaper to limit the smtp traffic going out but this
is not an ideal solution. I have search a bit on the list and found a few mails
( manuel comments
http://m0n0.ch/wall/list/?action=show_msg&actionargs[]=5&actionargs[]=81 )
regarding this and the possiblity to implement this kind of feature, and i
thought i also saw it somewhere on a wish list but i cannot find it anymore. So
my questions are:

Is this possible to implement? if yes any idea of when this could be
implemented?

Carlo.