[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Carlo <lists at nethq dot org>
 To:  Thomas Hertz <term at cynisk dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Wondershaper
 Date:  Wed, 9 Jun 2004 11:16:28 +0200
Hi Thomas,

Quoting Thomas Hertz <term at cynisk dot net>:

> Hello Carlo,
>
> Haven't you started to wonder what "Traffic shaper" under "Firewall" was
> good for in the m0n0wall gui? =)

Yes of course i know we have a traffic shaper in m0n0 and it is possible to
create pipes and queues. The thing i love about wondershaper is that it is a
complete solution which you do not have to understant to make it work nicely. I
guess many users have ADSL/Cable and i don't think all of them know enough
about traffic shaping to make this work. Like myselve i would love to spend my
time to other issues then to find out how to build/tweak the traffic shaper so
i can have similar/better performance as i would have with wondershaper.

(or maybe it came in the betas?)

afaik its already in 1.0

 If so just
> walk by http://m0n0.ch/wall/downloads and grab a copy of a recent beta. I
> use the traffic shaper and it works like a charm for me.
>
> // Thomas Hertz

Carlo.