[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  KnowHow The NetCrawler <knowhow at babyburner dot dk>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall][OT] I'm done with the list... No one listens.
 Date:  Wed, 09 Jun 2004 16:42:39 +0200
Rick Spence wrote:

A looot of stuff

------

Well, I may not be the most knowlegdable person in the world, and
frankly most of what you gurus write on here goes beyond me, I use my
sokeirs to share my DSL connection and to shape my traffic.

I have a great friend who have helped me get the stuff to work that I
didn't really have the patience to learn, and as such I haven't had many
questions on this list. The few questions I would have asked have been
asked before in the archives which I use a lot when changing something,
not that that happens all to often, once things run, you just tend to
let them :)

But even though I'm not the one to answer all the questions asked on
here, I still feel that this mailinglist is one of the more mature ones
I've seen, running a game server(cs) really lets you appreciate that
half the mails are not just trolls, spam, off-topics. People may ask
stupid questions, but understand that not everybody has the time or the
patience to learn everything, and at some point one just needs to get
things working.

I know that you, like many others, use time to answer these questions,
and don't think I don't appreciate that, but you can learn everything
and at some point things are just so difficult to grasp without the
proper understanding that you just give up and ask. I'm sure most of the
people who've written mails asking things that you find basic, or
stupid, have an area of expertise that you may know nothing of, and as
such could/would be able to help you in that department.

AFAIK most m0n0 users are home users, and we can't all be network experts.

While I can see where you're coming from, and understand your
frustration, I simply do not agree.

You write about spam and useless posts, well, IMHO both this and your
message is just that.

--
KnowHow