[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Quark AV - Hilton Travis" <Hilton at QuarkAV dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Efficient Ethernet 5100
 Date:  Tue, 8 Jun 2004 19:02:21 +1000
Hi Vincent,

I don't know about the Efficient Ethernet 5100 series ADSL Modem/Routers,
but any reguler ADSL Modem/Router that can be put in full bridge mode (as it
seems this device can) ie - into "modem" mode should work flawlessly with a
Soekris net4501 or net4801 as you intend.  And yes, all you need to do is to
use one of the latest 1.1 beta images and enter your username/password in
the PPPOE section, and away you go.

I'd strongly recommend the latest 1.1 Beta images to those on PPPOE as the
"DNS from PPPOE is not passed to DHCP Clients" issue as previously mentioned
in this list is fixed.

--

Regards,

Hilton Travis                        Phone: +61-(0)7-3343-3889
Manager,                             Mobile: +61 (0)419 792 394
Quark IT                             http://www.QuarkIT.com.au/
Quark AudioVisual                    http://www.QuarkAV.net/
(Brisbane, Australia)