[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dinesh Nair <dinesh at alphaque dot com>
 To:  Joey Morin <joeymorin at alumni dot uwaterloo dot ca>
 Cc:  Adam Nellemann <adam at nellemann dot nu>, Eric Shorkey <eshorkey at commonpointservices dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Wondershaper
 Date:  Thu, 10 Jun 2004 02:08:24 +0800 (MYT)
On Wed, 9 Jun 2004, Joey Morin wrote:

> just given a greater weight?  and how is that weight determined in
> relation to define queues?

if you have 3 queues going into a pipe with weights 20, 30 and 50
respectively, then queue 1 would get 20% of the bandwidth, queue 2 would
get 30% and queue 3 would get 50%. essential, a queue's bandwidth
percentage is determined by the queue weight divided by the sum of all
weights going to the same pipe. in effect, the weight is a ratio, not a
priority.