[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Quark AV - Hilton Travis" <Hilton at QuarkAV dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Wondershaper
 Date:  Thu, 10 Jun 2004 07:06:49 +1000
Hi All,

<snip>

> >Smoothwall might be a good
> >choice for you as well. It's pretty easy to set up, though I don't
> >think the free version has any packet shaping support. You'd have to
> >look to make sure.
> >-Eric
> >

> I already purchase 4 soekris boxes, so switching to
> Smoothwall is out of the question.

Soekris boxes are nice, m0n0wall is nice - SmoothWall has no inbuilt shaping
abilities and you need to massage the default install, which then breaks
after every update.

--

Regards,

Hilton Travis                        Phone: +61-(0)7-3343-3889
Manager,                             Mobile: +61 (0)419 792 394
Quark IT                             http://www.QuarkIT.com.au/
Quark AudioVisual                    http://www.QuarkAV.net/
(Brisbane, Australia)