[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Thomas Hertz" <term at cynisk dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] vpn1411/vpn1401 Do Not Work on m0n0wall
 Date:  Thu, 10 Jun 2004 23:35:50 +0200
Hello,

Allow me to quote from hifn(4):

"Support for the 7955 and 7956 is incomplete; the asymetric crypto
facilities are to be added and the performance is suboptimal."

AFAIK Ipsec uses symmetric crypto. I thought RSA and DSA were asymmetric
cryptos? Anyway, it is supported according to the man page. My numbers also
show that _my_ card is working. If it will make people sleep better at night
I will rerun my tests with the card removed this weekend. (it's in
production right now and people will probably beat me up if I take it down!
:)

// Thomas Hertz