[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "troy starks" <troy at typhoonstudios dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  WAN is not getting an ip address through dhcp
 Date:  Thu, 10 Jun 2004 14:47:54 -0700
I can't seem to get my firewall to connect to the internet through my cable modem.

(roadrunner isp)>>toshiba daz8817f cable modem>>m0n0wall>>switch>>pc's

lan ip:10.10.0.1/24
wan ip: dhcp

I can get to m0n0wall webadmin just fine from LAN. I have setup my box without encountering any
problems. When I check the interfaces, WAN is 0.0.0.0. The only thing I noticed was, in the logs it
had something to the effect 'no response from dhcp server 255.255.255.255'

I have purosely left out extended details because I want to make sure initially that I am not trying
to do something the m0n0wall does not support.

Any help greatly appreciated,
Troy