[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Falcor <falcor at netassassin dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Question on Traffic Shaper and IPSEC tunnels
 Date:  Thu, 10 Jun 2004 15:00:35 -0500
I realize the IPSEC VPN tunnels can not be seen by the firewall engine,
e.g. you can't write ACL rules.  But can the tunnel itself (the
connection to the remote VPN concentrator) be seen by the traffic
shaper?  I would like to queue and dedicate a good portion of my uplink
to a a vpn tunnel for testing of some IP telephony, if I can guarantee
the tunnel is stable (not encroached upon by other traffic on the
firewall) it would be great.

-F