[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Scott Wirth" <scott at wirthmgt dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  HPNA interface
 Date:  Fri, 11 Jun 2004 13:53:33 -0600
Chet,

Thanks for the reply.  I know next to nothing about Linux or FreeBSD
(but am working hard on this).

I compiled the Linux kernel using the Linux Broadcom "driver" files
from the Linksys ftp site (after hours and hours of research on the
Internet).  Everything seems to work (its listed in ifconfig as eth2, etc.)

I can't find any Broadcom "driver" files for FreeBSD, so how can I
recompile FreeBSD to make it work?  I assume you can't use the Linux
"driver" files to recompile FreeBSD.

I'm also assuming that m0n0wall won't run using the Linux kernel
(instead of FreeBSD)

So am I stuck with no way out?

Scott