[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chet Harvey <chet at pittech dot com>
 To:  scott at wirthmgt dot com
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] HPNA interface
 Date:  Fri, 11 Jun 2004 16:29:06 -0400
Keep working on *nix....you will be a happy man.

As for Broadcom, I know the NIC driver BGE is available but the hardware bible
says, "The bge driver provides support for various NICs based on the Broadcom
BCM570x family of gigabit ethernet controller chips"

Don't know if that is the same or not.

Quoting Scott Wirth <scott at wirthmgt dot com>:

> Chet,
>
> Thanks for the reply.  I know next to nothing about Linux or FreeBSD
> (but am working hard on this).
>
> I compiled the Linux kernel using the Linux Broadcom "driver" files
> from the Linksys ftp site (after hours and hours of research on the
> Internet).  Everything seems to work (its listed in ifconfig as eth2, etc.)
>
> I can't find any Broadcom "driver" files for FreeBSD, so how can I
> recompile FreeBSD to make it work?  I assume you can't use the Linux
> "driver" files to recompile FreeBSD.
>
> I'm also assuming that m0n0wall won't run using the Linux kernel
> (instead of FreeBSD)
>
> So am I stuck with no way out?
>
> Scott

Chet Harvey