[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Joey Morin <jmorin at icomm dot ca>
 To:  Henning Petersen Wangerin <m0n0wall at hpc dot dk>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Name of the monowall on pages.
 Date:  Thu, 10 Jun 2004 16:33:34 -0400 (EDT)
This one time, at band camp, Henning Petersen Wangerin said:

> Hi!
>
> I'm admin of currently 2 monowalls (perhaps growing to 4) in multible
> domains.
>
> To make it easier to rekognize witch one I'm connected to I think it
> would be a good thing(tm) to have te hostname displayed on eack page.
>
> My idea was to place it in the top box, allong with the "webGUI
> Configuration" text.
>
> An suplement could be a setting in System/General or System/Avanced th
> change the color of the grey menu/header-bars. That way it would be very
> easy the distinguis the 'walls from each other. The idea for this is
> simply to enter en bgcolor-code for those cells (#425370 and #9D9D9D)
>
> Alternatively a field in config.xml that could be changed manually ;-)

great idea.  i'm in the same boat.  perhaps the <title></title> tag in the
<head></head> section of each php page could be dynamically built by
minihttpd so that it contains the hostname?  that way you wouldn't even
have to see your browser window, so you could switch from window to window
using ALT-TAB from your desktop.

jj