[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Martin Bauer" <martin underscore bauer at gmx dot at>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  after assigning interfaces - configuration gets lost
 Date:  Sun, 13 Jun 2004 13:36:10 +0200
Dear list,

I am experiencing troubles with assigning the correct network cards to the
interfaces.

I am using the CDROM version 1.0 of m0n0wall.

I can assign the network adapter names to the correct interfaces when I boot
for the first time. BUT: after reboot all changes are gone. It seams as if
m0n0wall did not save the new configuration.

I am using three RTL8139 compatible NICs. All are recognised (rl0, rl1, rl2)

Just to avoid misunderstandings: I am not using a write protected floppy;

I read something about problems with PNP configuration in context with this
problem (even I am not sure that it is really the same).

If this problem is in context with PNP could some one please give me a
detailed advice how I can correct it. I am not a BIOS Expert at all ;).

In my BIOS I can assign lots of irq; I also found an option called "PNP OS
[yes, no]".

Thank you for your replies in advance
Martin