[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Timothy Jans" <timothy dot jans at telenet dot be>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Using M0n0wall and WRT54G together
 Date:  Sun, 13 Jun 2004 14:13:42 +0200
I have a wrap board running m0n0wall, but I recently bought a Linksys WRT54G
(because it was much cheaper then the WAP54G) and installed sveasoft
firmware on it. But the firewall in the WRT54G is not that good, so I also
want to keep my m0n0wall.

What's the best thing to do? Using m0n0wall as a transparent (invisible)
firewall or using it as router?
If I want to use m0n0wall as a router, how do I have to configure my WRT54G
to use it as an access point only?