[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Quark AV - Hilton Travis" <Hilton at QuarkAV dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] does ez-ipupdate support secure updates?
 Date:  Fri, 11 Jun 2004 06:37:49 +1000
Hi Gianluca,

No, you are not wrong, but there is, AFAIK, no secure version of this
client.

> In addition, I haven't found any alternative dynamic ip
> client updater with ssl support to propose for inclusion into
> m0n0. Maybe some you know such an alternative?

Not I.  I've not seen a secure client for this yet.

> Can anyone point out any work around?
>
> Just a thought: what about including in m0n0, stunnel? As
> stunnel provides generic SSL tunneling service, it could be
> used for securing other types of services :)

That could be useful.  Worth a thought.

--

Regards,

Hilton Travis                        Phone: +61-(0)7-3343-3889
Manager,                             Mobile: +61 (0)419 792 394
Quark IT                             http://www.QuarkIT.com.au/
Quark AudioVisual                    http://www.QuarkAV.net/
(Brisbane, Australia)