[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dinesh Nair <dinesh at alphaque dot com>
 To:  Joey Morin <joeymorin at alumni dot uwaterloo dot ca>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Solution: config.xml not found
 Date:  Sun, 13 Jun 2004 23:10:48 +0800 (MYT)
On Sat, 12 Jun 2004, Joey Morin wrote:

> Acer notebook:  AcerNote Lite Mdel PC350 Ext. 361.  pentium 120MHz, 40MB
> ram, two pcmcic slots.  i've tried two different hard drives: toshiba
> mk1624fcv 213MB, and Toshiba mk2124fc 120MB drive.

are they scsi or ide disks ?  (they should be ide, but i wonder what the
acernote is presenting them as)

under the existing m0n0wall, it checks for disk /dev/ad0a, /dev/ad1a,
/dev/ad2a, /dev/ad3a (in that order) for a valid config file, and then
fails if it cant find it on any of the four. i've just submitted a patch
to manuel which further optimizes that search for the config file (ie
m0n0wall disk) and expands the search to include scsi disks as well as ide
disks.

i dont know if that will solve your problem, but could you also print out
the bootup messages as shown. just after the message which says "IPFilter
initialized" or something like that, it should show the disks which the
kernel has recognized on your system. that would help. (once again, it
should be ad0 if it's the first disk, but no harm checking)