[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Adam Nellemann <adam at nellemann dot nu>
 To:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  WOL?
 Date:  Mon, 14 Jun 2004 00:29:24 +0200
Hi,

I seem unable to get my new WOL capable PC (Shuttle SB75G2 XPC with a
Broadcom GigaBit NIC onboard) to wake up using the m0n0wall WOL client.

I've enabled everything WOL related in the BIOS and have configured
the NIC for both "Magic Packet" and "WOL Frame". Since it is onboard,
I'm guessing there won't be a WOL cable to connect?

The LED next to the Ethernet socket is flashing when the PC is powered
down, which I take to indicate that it does get power and should be
listening for WOL.

The XPC and m0n0wall is on the same subnet (192.168.64/24) but
m0n0wall is connected directly to my 3Com OfficeConnect GigaBit
switch, whereas the XPC is (temporarily) connected to the switch
through a 10Mbps half-duplex hub. Does this pose any problems with WOL
packets?

Anyone got any idea why nothing happens?

Anyone know of some (win32) WOL client I can use to get a "second
oppinion"?

Thanks,

Adam.