[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Kevin R. Porter" <krp2 at bellsouth dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Beta 1.1b13 --> DNS still does not work, clients get "Query refused" responses.
 Date:  Sun, 13 Jun 2004 23:10:35 -0400
On 1.1b9     (which works) I get:

    $ ls -al /etc/dhclient-exit-hooks
    -rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  102 Aug 31  2003 /etc/dhclient-exit-hooks

On 1.1b13    (which doesn't work) I get:

    $ ls -al /etc/dhclient-exit-hooks
    -rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  102 Aug 31  2003 /etc/dhclient-exit-hooks

So, apparently, setting that script executable isn't the fix.

In hopes of giving either you or Manuel a clue as to the real cause  some
observations / avenues for thought:
(1) I notice that the other fellow having similar DNS problems with 1.1b12
(Jeremias Reith) and I are both using PPPOE type WAN links...
(2) from reading the mailing-list this DNS problem appears to have crept in
between 1.1b9 and 1.1b10 (when Manuel upgraded from 4.9 to 4.10?)...
(3) Is this DNS problem maybe only showing up with 4.10 in combination with
PPPOE links?   What's different about the scripts in a PPPOE versus
non-PPPOE WAN link?