[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  "Kevin R. Porter" <krp2 at bellsouth dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Beta 1.1b13 --> DNS still does not work, clients get "Query refused" responses.
 Date:  Mon, 14 Jun 2004 18:43:05 +0200
On 13.06.2004 23:10 -0400, Kevin R. Porter wrote:

>     $ ls -al /etc/dhclient-exit-hooks
>     -rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  102 Aug 31  2003
> /etc/dhclient-exit-hooks

dhclient-exit-hooks has nothing to do with PPPoE; it is only executed
when DHCP is used on WAN.

> In hopes of giving either you or Manuel a clue as to the real cause
> some observations / avenues for thought:

Problem identified. It was caused by a change in MPD 3.18 (iface.c) -
the missing authname is now passed to the linkup script (the MPD
documentation always said so, but we'd found this not to be the case
in < 3.18), so now of course all the interesting arguments to our
ppp-linkup script (the DNS server addresses) have shifted by one. See
<http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/mpd/mpd/src/iface.c>...

The fix is trivial - only need to increment $5 ... $8 in
/usr/local/sbin/ppp-linkup by one. This will be fixed in the next
release.

Does anyone still have problems with automatically assigned DNS with
DHCP on WAN and 1.1b13? It's just that I can't reproduce it here (=
it works fine for me), and I can't see why it shouldn't either...

- Manuel