[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  David Rodgers <david dot rodgers at kdsi dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Strange problem but did replicate.... 1.1b12
 Date:  Mon, 14 Jun 2004 11:47:55 -0500
I was having some trouble with my connection to the internet last night
and decided to switch and grab an ip via dhcp and see what happened.

I opened my wan interface and chose dhcp and applied it and waited
forever ... it never got an ip but after that I was never able to get
back into the web interface. I am able to ping the ip that is on the
interface but the web interface won't open.

I reflashed the flash drive with a new image and restored from backup
and did the same thing (select want drop to dhcp then apply) and it
happened again. Is it even theoretically possible that there is
something very bad happening when you switch it and it can't contact a
dhcp server?

David