[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Adam Nellemann <adam at nellemann dot nu>
 To:  Holger Bauer <Holger dot Bauer at citec dash ag dot de>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: AW: [m0n0wall] WOL?
 Date:  Tue, 15 Jun 2004 10:39:33 +0200
Holger Bauer wrote:
> Hi Adam,

know anymore if it has already english language support but it has also a little commandline tool

> (I hope this is the program I used in the past, if not....sorry ;-)
>
> http://www.f-grubert.de/pwrswtch/
>
> Here is the direct download link:
> http://www.f-grubert.de/pwrswtch/download/pwrswtch.exe
>

> Regards,
> Holger Bauer

Hi Holger,

Thanks for the linkage. I couldn't find an English version, so I've
installed the German version.

However, it would appear that some "Client.exe" has to be installed
(on the "server" even). I'm not quite sure about how/where this should
be done, nor am I certain about what IP etc. Client.exe should be
configured with? (My German is somewhat lacking I'm afraid.)

All in all, this application appear to be quite complex for a WOL
utility?!? Especially compared with the one in m0n0wall, but I guess
it will be OK for testing purposes, that is if you can help me with
the configuration issue?

Adam.