[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Darryl Okahata <darrylo at soco dot agilent dot com>
 To:  Adam Nellemann <adam at nellemann dot nu>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: AW: AW: [m0n0wall] WOL?
 Date:  Tue, 15 Jun 2004 11:43:54 -0700
Adam Nellemann <adam at nellemann dot nu> wrote:

> > To wake up a pc:
> > PwrSwtchCMD.exe -wu m:<MAC-Adress> ip:<IP> [s:<Subnetmask>]
> >
> > Worked for me the time before m0n0 got capable of WOL.
>
> Hmm, just as with m0n0wall, nothing happens?

     Just to clarify: the "IP" address is the subnet broadcast address
on which the PC is located, and is *NOT* the PC's IP address.  For
example, if the PC's IP address is 192.168.1.30 and the subnet mask is
255.255.255.0, you must use a broadcast address of 192.168.1.255.

--
	Darryl Okahata
	darrylo at soco dot agilent dot com