[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chet Harvey <chet at pittech dot com>
 To:  Seth Rothenberg <seth at pachai dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] VPN or PPTP
 Date:  Tue, 15 Jun 2004 17:13:19 -0400
depends on how many connections you are talking about. 5 or 10 no biggie for
those little soekris boxes. Want 50 concurrent....might need some more
horsepower.

IPSec is a tad more secure than PPTP. PPTP is easier for some to configure on
Windows boxes....

just my 2 cents

Quoting Seth Rothenberg <seth at pachai dot net>:

> What are peoples experience of HertzPower needed to
> use VPN and/or PPTP?   Can I use a 4521 or 4511?
> Or do I need something more in the Pentium class
> with hundreds of MHZ

Chet Harvey
Protecting your Digital Assets
703.407.7311