[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Pauline Middelink <middelink at polyware dot nl>
 To:  Kim Hartlev <kim at hartlev dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Zyxel R650
 Date:  Wed, 16 Jun 2004 00:49:13 +0200
On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 around 23:18:13 +0200, Kim Hartlev wrote:
> Has anyone used the Zyxel R650 ADSL router together with m0n0?

Yup. All the time.

> I'm having trouble setting it in bridged mode. I would really appretiate any
> pointers...

First of all, make sure your ISP does RFC1483. If not, dont bother.
Esp. PPPoA is not an option in bridge mode.

minicom/cu/telnet to the modem:
Menu 1, Make the Route IP no, and the Bridge IP yes.
Menu 4, Select protocol RFC1483, no SUA active
        use the right LLc/VC and VPI/VCI (given by ISP)
Menu 11, top right column, Route IP none, Bridge IP yes

Done.

Make sure you have a serial cable connected to the modem, once it
is in bridging mode, it is not always reachable on its own address.
(it bridges it too, it seems)

> The sw version is 3.40.
That is all versions :)
The distinguesing(?) part is behind it. Something line BH.4 or
IO.2

    Met vriendelijke groet,
        Pauline Middelink
--
GPG Key fingerprint = 2D5B 87A7 DDA6 0378 5DEA  BD3B 9A50 B416 E2D0 C3C2
For more details look at my website http://www.polyware.nl/~middelink