[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chet Harvey <chet at pittech dot com>
 To:  Seth Rothenberg <seth at pachai dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] wifi
 Date:  Mon, 14 Jun 2004 15:13:56 -0400
I had problems with senao 2511CD PLUS EXT2 cards in which they would not
default to 11Mbps, they were 2Mbps...ugggggg. And I had flaky connectivity,
kept losing signal. I upgraded the firmware and things seem better.....

http://www.senao.com/english/product/product_load_w.asp?httptp=1&proid=000033

if you load netstumbler can it be seen?

Quoting Seth Rothenberg <seth at pachai dot net>:

> > Symptom:  wifi signal not detected
> > (It doesn't matter whether I specify the essid
> > or "any" on the client)
>
> More details - using exec.php, I determined
> a) that both senao wifi cards are detected  BUT
> b) they are not configured according to
> what I entered in the config screen for OPT1 & OPT2
> (They have some default ESSID, etc)
>

> Anyone have experience with hostap mode?
>
> Thanks
> Seth

Chet Harvey
Protecting your Digital Assets