[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dinesh Nair <dinesh at alphaque dot com>
 To:  Holger Bauer <Holger dot Bauer at citec dash ag dot de>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] USB-Support in 1.1b13: When will it be possibel to boot m0n0 from USB?
 Date:  Wed, 16 Jun 2004 15:42:15 +0800 (MYT)
On Wed, 16 Jun 2004, Holger Bauer wrote:

> Well, the topic says it already. Modern devices are ready to boot from
> USB and as an USB-Stick would be cheap and has no spinning parts and is
> small...

with the changes to the way m0n0 recognizes the media from which it is
booted from, there's nothing in m0n0 which prevents this from happenning.
the clincher will be if the bios of the box in question would allow
booting from a usb device and if the usb device is recognized under
freebsd. i've tested the changed m0n0 by booting from a usb-based CF
reader/writer and it works like a charm. i used a USB1.1 Apacer Mega Steno
2.0 7-in-1 reader/writer.