[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Peter Curran <peter at closeconsultants dot com>
 To:  brwatters at abs dash internet dot com
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] OpenVPN support??
 Date:  Wed, 16 Jun 2004 11:25:51 +0100
Brian

The simple answer is that I haven't a clue.

I think that the whole of the module interface needs some thinking about.  For
my part, I have my own build of m0n0 so it is not an issue as I have simply
patched the GUI.  However, Manuel has asked that enhancements like this that
are not likely to be a core part of m0n0 should be built as modules.

I suppose the answer is to lobby for it to be a core part of m0n0.  I would
like to see how well it works and performs before making any sort of comment
about that idea.

Peter

On Wednesday 16 June 2004 10:23, Brian Watters wrote:
> Peter,
>
> Sounds great .. I wonder how this would work however with the CDROM ISO
> version of m0n0wall ?? .. We have allot of these types of installs out
> there ..
>
> BRW
>
> On Wed, 2004-06-16 at 01:44, Peter Curran wrote:
> > If you can hold your breath for another couple of weeks it will be
> > available, probably as a module (using the new module support mechanism
> > in 1.1).
> >
> > I have been working on this for a couple of weeks now.  The code is at
> > 'an advanced stage of pre-release testing'*
> >
> > The OpenVPN support will be based around the new OpenVPN 2.0 and will
> > implement the new multi-client server functionality.  Once this works I
> > will incorporate client functionality (but I have no use for this at the
> > moment, hence concentrating on the server side).
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Peter
> >
> > * This is a Micro$oft term meaning 'we got most of the code written, but
> > can't figure out why nothin' works yet'.
> >
> > On Wednesday 16 June 2004 02:55, Brian Watters wrote:
> > > Hello all,
> > >
> > > I know this was at one time on the list of things to do but I have
> > > really not had any more news and I can not see in the list that there
> > > has been anymore talk about it .. What are the chances of OpenVPN
> > > support coming to m0n0wall??
> > >

> > > Brian

believed to be clean.