[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Andrew Eglington" <aeglington at hotmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  port forwarding
 Date:  Wed, 16 Jun 2004 20:55:09 +1000
I am trying to forward a port :
through a RT314 router
then through a m0n0 box
into my pc running a service listening on a port.

I have a pretty good idea as the how i need to go about this, but all my
attempts to date (well, just today really)  have failed..
Everything else (browsing, games, irc etc) works fine outbound, it's just
the inbound connections looking for a service on a port thats failing.

It's Ventrilo (voice chat) that I'm trying to set up BTW.... which listens
on TCP 3784 by default.

I have logged into the router and set a rule to forward 3784 to 192.168.0.4
(my m0n0 box's WAN interface) - (i use a 172.16.x.x/16 range on the LAN
interface)
I have tried adding a NAT entry and a firewall rule, with various
combinations of source/target ports etc... but to no avail.

Can anyone give me a hand?
Is this the right/simplest approach?

Get a Virgin Credit Card and win an adventure:
http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;8661322;9498324;s?http://www.promo.com.au/virgincreditcard/firstbirthday/track.cfm?source=N92