[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  Jukka Salmi <jukka dash m0n0wall at 2004 dot salmi dot ch>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] net4501/net4801/WRAP IPsec throughput comparison
 Date:  Wed, 16 Jun 2004 17:40:17 +0200
On 16.06.2004 15:01 +0200, Jukka Salmi wrote:

> I didn't read the whole dmesg output, but only the part from the
> previous boot. So that was my mistake.
>
> How does the system page (index.php) get the "Hardware crypto"
> info? It probably parses dmesg output the same wrong way as I did...

Yes, it does, and apparently, if you only power down the box for a
few seconds, the contents of the system message buffer are sometimes
preserved. I don't see this as a serious issue though - for all
practical purposes, removing a crypto accelerator card requires you
to power down the box for long enough that the memory contents become
stale.

- Manuel