[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Justin Ellison <justin at techadvise dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Call for P2P Protocols
 Date:  Wed, 16 Jun 2004 15:18:59 -0500
Hi all,

I'm finishing up work on the magic shaper, and need you guys to help
out.  I myself don't use p2p except to BitTorrent the latest Linux
distros, but I want the shaper to have the option to put p2p traffic at
the bottom of the priority list.  I found one site that had most of the
common protocols, but I need the users' feedback on any I might be
missing.

I don't want the ports that your specific client runs on, I want the
default port(s) that the program is installed with.

Here's my list thus far, in the format:
('Name','protocol(tcp/udp,blank for both)','begin port','end port')

('BitTorrent','tcp','6881','6999');
('DirectConnect','','412','412');
('DirectFileExpress','','1044','1045');
('FastTrack','','1214','1214');
('CuteMX','','2340','2340');
('iMest','','4329','4329');
('EDonkey2000','','4661','4665');
('SongSpy','','5190','5190');
('HotlineConnect','','5500','5503');
('Gnutella','','6346','6346');
('dcc','','6666','6668');
('Napster','','6699','6701');
('Aimster','','7668','7668');
('BuddyShare','','7788','7788');
('Scour','','8311','8311');
('OpenNap','','8888','8889');
('hotComm','','28864','28865');

TIA,

Justin
--
Justin Ellison <justin at techadvise dot com>