[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Christian van Eeden" <christian at vaneeden dot ca>
 To:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Init two identical NICs
 Date:  Wed, 16 Jun 2004 16:41:59 -0600
Hi BSD Guru's,

With the excellent help of Joey Morin (see previous posts), we have
managed to get a version of m0n0wall working with a modified pccard.conf
(http://dwaalspoor.org/pccard.conf)

Only problem now is that of my two identical PC-Cards (StarTech UE2212_2
- NE2000 compatible) the (ed) driver is only being loaded once [ed0
seems to fail, I guess].
I have tested both cards on the LAN interface (combined with a extra
Xircom I have, which also gives me weird watchdog errors as soon as I
ping it) in both slots, so I am pretty sure it's not the cards.

Excerpt from $dmesg:

pccard: card inserted, slot 0
pccard: card inserted, slot 1
ed1 at port 0x300-0x31f irq 3 slot 0 on pccard0
ed1: address 00:00:b4:4b:1e:c4, type NE2000 (16 bit)

Has anyone run across this problem before?
There are only vague references on the web about too many ICQ's being
used, but from all the output I can only see the follow IRQ's being
used:

0	VGA
6	floppy
14	IDE