[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Peter Curran <peter at closeconsultants dot com>
 To:  Adam Nellemann <adam at nellemann dot nu>
 Cc:  brwatters at abs dash internet dot com, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] OpenVPN support??
 Date:  Wed, 16 Jun 2004 21:58:40 +0100
Well I must confess that I haven't even started to think about this properly,
but one problem here is that the modules would have to be re-inserted every
boot (given that most CD's are write-only).

As we do not appear to have any modules yet, it is not something that I have
any experience of.  The stuff I am developing is hacked into the GUI under
the VPN heading, and so I haven't played with the module interface yet.

Once I have it working correctly (I am now 90% there)*
I will play with the module interface.

Peter

* 90% there is an old software engineering remark meaning: 'we have consumed
90% of the allocated time budget, but the damn thing still doesn't work'!

On Wednesday 16 June 2004 11:18, Adam Nellemann wrote:
> Peter Curran wrote:
> > Brian
> >
> > The simple answer is that I haven't a clue.
> >
> > I think that the whole of the module interface needs some thinking about.
> >  For my part, I have my own build of m0n0 so it is not an issue as I have
> > simply patched the GUI.  However, Manuel has asked that enhancements like
> > this that are not likely to be a core part of m0n0 should be built as
> > modules.
> >
> > I suppose the answer is to lobby for it to be a core part of m0n0.  I
> > would like to see how well it works and performs before making any sort
> > of comment about that idea.
> >
> > Peter
>
> I'm guessing that modules will work just as well with the generic-cd
> images as any other. It's not like there is support for "plug'n'play
> modules" anyway. As I understand it, it will be necessary to install
> the modules in the image itself, so it should be the same procedure
> for cd based images, if I'm not missing something essential here?
>
> Adam.

believed to be clean.