[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Peter Curran <peter at closeconsultants dot com>
 To:  Joey Morin <joeymorin at alumni dot uwaterloo dot ca>, Joey Morin <jmorin at icomm dot ca>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] OpenVPN support??
 Date:  Thu, 17 Jun 2004 11:09:05 +0100
I am a bit out of my area here, but I think that multi-session CDs would not
help much.  I think (But am happy to be told that I am wrong :-) that the
mutli-session drivers only 'see' the last session.

Although CD images are a bummer to play with, the same general issue applies
to all versions of m0n0wall - how do you get modules into an otherwise
standard m0n0 build?  I suspect that the answer to that question may point
the way towards deploying the solution for CD's.

Peter

On Wednesday 16 June 2004 21:57, Joey Morin wrote:
> This one time, at band camp, Peter Curran said:
> > Well I must confess that I haven't even started to think about this
> > properly, but one problem here is that the modules would have to be
> > re-inserted every boot (given that most CD's are write-only).
>
> most burning software can burn an iso onto a cd as a session, leaving the
> cd "open" for more sessions.  could not new modules be burned to
> subsequent sessions?  of course the m0n0 kernel would have to support
> muti-session cds... does it?  and a structure convention for those
> extra sessions wouldn't hurt...
>
> jj

believed to be clean.