[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  J Moore <jaymo at cullmail dot com>
 To:  zealot <zealot at tradersguild dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Fatal trap 12 page fault
 Date:  Thu, 17 Jun 2004 16:55:00 -0500
On Thu, Jun 17, 2004 at 03:54:48PM -0500, the unit calling itself zealot wrote:
> Kevin R. Porter wrote:
>
> >I had the exact same symptoms with SanDisk 128MB "CF" cards...  the NET4801
> >simply didn't like them, probably something to do with the BIOS and/or card
> >geometry.
> >
> >Then I tried a Kingston 64MB "CF" card instead and it booted just fine.
> >
> >Note: M0n0wall is TINY, and would fit easily on an 8MB "CF" card if you
> >could find them that small anymore, using a 1-GIG "CF" for M0n0wall is
> >merely expensive for no benefit obtained IMHO.

m0n0wall isn't all I'm using... I needed a large CF for another app.
That being said, I don't recall seeing anything in the docs about a
maximum size CF card - is there an upper limit?

> >>I got m0n0wall net48xx-1.0.img loaded on my CF card using physdiskwrite
> >>0.4. The card then went directly into the Soekris net4801. Following is
> >>the result (sorry - much of this is probably superfluous, but thought
> >>too much was better than not enough).
>
> Jay,
>
> I don't know if Dinesh Nair's solution to a similar problem described at
> http://m0n0.ch/wall/list/?action=show_msg&actionargs[]=42&actionargs[]=26
> applies to your situation. Read for details.

As I read this, he recommends using C-H-S sector addressing instead of
Auto or LBA. I don't really grok that, but don't believe the Soekris
BIOS gives you the option. A list of Soekris' comBIOS param's follows.

At this point, all I know to try is a different CF card.???

Thanks,
Jay

> show

ConSpeed = 9600