[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  J Moore <jaymo at cullmail dot com>
 To:  Dinesh Nair <dinesh at alphaque dot com>
 Cc:  zealot <zealot at tradersguild dot net>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Fatal trap 12 page fault
 Date:  Thu, 17 Jun 2004 22:34:40 -0500
On Fri, Jun 18, 2004 at 10:22:54AM +0800, the unit calling itself Dinesh Nair wrote:

> > As I read this, he recommends using C-H-S sector addressing instead of
> > Auto or LBA. I don't really grok that, but don't believe the Soekris
> > BIOS gives you the option. A list of Soekris' comBIOS param's follows.
>
> that was done on a taiwanese manufactured sbc which had lba/chs in the
> bios. the soekris you should not be having this problem with as the
> soekris uses lba iianm.

I agree - it shouldn't be having this problem :)

It's interesting that I've used physdiskwrite to copy an OpenBSD image
to CF, and that boots OK. On the same CF card, I use physdiskwrite to
copy the m0n0wall image for Soekris, and it fails. That experience
suggests something's amiss with the m0n0wall image... I'll try this
again when I have more time.

Jay