[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dinesh Nair <dinesh at alphaque dot com>
 To:  J Moore <jaymo at cullmail dot com>
 Cc:  zealot <zealot at tradersguild dot net>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Fatal trap 12 page fault
 Date:  Fri, 18 Jun 2004 11:47:07 +0800 (MYT)
On Thu, 17 Jun 2004, J Moore wrote:

> It's interesting that I've used physdiskwrite to copy an OpenBSD image
> to CF, and that boots OK. On the same CF card, I use physdiskwrite to
> copy the m0n0wall image for Soekris, and it fails. That experience
> suggests something's amiss with the m0n0wall image... I'll try this
> again when I have more time.

do you have access to a freebsd system ? if you do, i could provide you
some scripts which partitions, disklabels and creates a new filesystem on
the CF card, upon which you can then copy the m0n0wall files (note, not
images!) on to. this would take into account the actual size of the card
and not be dependent on the partition table existent in the m0n0wall
images.

me thinks, and i cant be sure of this, sometimes as CF cards grow old, the
exhibit weird characteristics which may break their operation.