[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jernej Porenta <nejc.porenta+mono at kss dash loka dot si>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  ISA PCMCIA bridge oddities
 Date:  Fri, 18 Jun 2004 18:13:55 +0200 (CEST)
Hello!

I have problems detecting Enterasys Wireless card (802.11b) based on
Prism/II chips on Enterasys ISA PCMCIA bridge on any m0n0wall version (OK,
I tried 1.1b13, 1.0, pbx versions)

If I'm not wrong, the bridge should be detected even PCMCIA card is not
inserted, but in my case its not detected...

I'm using Pentium 100 on some Intel chipsets with 3Com 509 NIC with PNP
enabled. The computer works fine in linux environment, but in FreeBSD,
things dont get detected. For example, NIC get two interfaces (ep0, ep1)
and ep0 has MAC address 00:00:00:00:00 and ep1 has some valid MAC address,
but when I assign interfaces to monowall (console option 1), the system
reboots and hangs on Assigning IPs to interface ep0 (with MAC 00.00...)...

So I tried numerous BIOS settings but the bridge does not get detected, so
I asking you if anyone successuly configured ISA PCMCIA bridge with
wireless PCMCIA card and how did he manage to work with m0n0wall...

Thanks in advance...

Jernej Porenta