[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Evan Talley" <grime at forbiddenninja dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Firewall Logs Getting Flooded!!
 Date:  Fri, 18 Jun 2004 12:35:19 -0500
Hi, I'm kind of new to m0n0wall, but it definitely rocks. I'm not too
familiar with the firewall logging for it though. I keep getting ng0 @0:17 b
209.142.130.4 -> 224.0.0.10 PR eigrp len 20 (60) IN logged every 5 seconds,
and I have no idea how to make it stop. What's really weird about it is
neither one of the IPs are in my network. The 209.142.130.4 I believe is my
ISP's gateway that I'm connected to, and the 224.0.0.10 is a name server I
think. Could this be getting logged because the packets are being rejected
and getting returned? That's just a guess though because I really don't know
much about interpreting these logs. Also, if anyone knows a good site where
I can learn a little more on how to understand these logs, please let me
know. Thanks.

-Evan

grime at forbiddenninja dot com

Network Admin